My bags are packed and I’m ready to go… to LA! I am so excited about this trip. I get to hug and hang out with one of my greatest friends, run my first half marathon, and hopefully soak up some sun before I head back home!
I’ll be away for seven days and I don’t know what kind of fun I’ll be getting into, so it was all about packing for the right weather and just being alright with not having the perfect outfit for every occasion. I used my favorite weekend bag and packed as few items as my over-packing self would allow.
I decided to start packing by deciding what sweater I would bring. It seems silly, but once I selected the sweater it was so simple to pack everything else.
After I picked my cozy, grey sweater I chose other outfits that I could layer with it or wear without a sweater.
Here’s what I ended up packing:
- Running clothes galore (hat, arm band, spandex, shorts, socks, tank, tshirt, and running fuel)
- Grey sweater from Kohl’s
- Patterned maxi dress from Stitchfix
- Long-sleeve black dress from Old Navy
- Tank top with lace detail from the Gap
- My fave pair of Gap jeans
- A pair of jean shorts (because I have no idea why)
- White undershirt I found somewhere
- Two flowy tops: one from Stitchfix one from Kohl’s
- Travel clothes: grey tank top from Target and patterned running spandex by kyodan
- Black tshirt from a store in England I forgot the name of
- Shoes: Zigi soho white lace flats, Teva purple sandals, Brooks running shoes
- One bag for toiletries
- One bag for makeup, jewelry, feminine hygiene (woo, Diva Cup and Lunapad!)
- One bathing suit
- Teva purse
- One white scarf (that I bought in an airport three years ago)
- One water bottle, one travel mug
- Bras and underwear galore
- A backpack for my laptop and school work (and possibly 100 snacks)
And that’s all, folks! I plan on repeating outfits constantly and not caring about it one bit. My plan is to be so busy having an amazing trip that I forget all about how I look and how many times I wear the same tshirt.
Are you going on a trip and looking to pack light? What are some ideas you have to reduce the amount of stuff you bring with you?